Find and research a Butterfrog! Study this fantastic creature and share your findings with the rest of the world. Get yourself published in Campaign Spots: The Butterfrog, a professional Pathfinder® Roleplaying Game Compatible product, and be part of the very first Butterfrog Studio product. The winning entries and other selected entries will become part of Campaign Spots: The Butterfrog source book.There is no purchase necessary
to enter the contest, and the final Player's Guide and Children's Book PDF will be free (yes, there will be a Children's Book!).Dates:
Starts August 8th
Ends on September 3th.
Finalists will be published September 7th.
Download your FREE Field Guide to The Butterfrog [link]
for guidelines and inspiration and join the contest!
Hop in the pond and become a croaking designer!Prizes
Once the voting ends and the finished Campaign Spots: The Butterfrog book is published, the winners will receive their prize through the mail. Winners' entries will be published in Campaign Spots: The Butterfrog book. Other non-winner entries will be selected as Runner-Ups and will be published as well.Prizes are:
Contest Prize Plate, Loot, Character Plate, and a signed exclusive edition of the Butterfrog's Box with the original illustration of your butterfrog.
Contest Prize Plate, Loot, a signed Exclusive Edition Book, and the original sketch of your butterfrog.
Contest Prize Plate, Loot, and a signed Exclusive Edition Book.Prize Description:
o Contest Prize Plate: Your printed Diploma with your rank as an expert Butterfrog Journalist, Hunter, Crafter, or Storyteller.
o Loot: Various Butterfrog Studio merchandise. The Butterfrog book PDF, a plate of your butterfrog and a gift certificate.
o Character Plate: A printed custom illustration of your original character.
o Exclusive Edition Book: A contest-exclusive personalized softcover color copy of the final Campaign Spots: The Butterfrog book.Entries
To enter the contest, you must track down, study, and describe a Pathfinder®compatible version of the mysterious butterfrogs that eluded the famous Researcher, Nigel Badgerthorpe. You can pick one of the species presented below or research a brand new one from the natural variants, which are regular animals, insects or plants. You must use the Field Guide to the Butterfrog (BFS0000) as guidelines to create your own butterfrog.
This creepy eight-legged toad, lacks a normal butterfrog's wings and hunts prey with a silky tongue, dripping webs, and a poisonous bite (Small, CR 1-3).
This bloated, spiky-skinned toad is a strange mix of the frill-necked lizard and bearded dragon with a nasty butterfrog croak (Small, CR 1/2-1).
This primitive-looking wingless hybrid appears much like caterpillar that gorges on tasty plants and then spins itself a silk cocoon to evolve into the larger caterfrog (Tiny-Small, CR 1/4-1/2).
This short-tempered butterfrog with a vicious bite is the wingless offspring of dangerous crocodiles and playful butterfrogs (Large, CR 3-4)
This graceful butterfrog hybrid of dragonflies and tadtoads possesses sparkling antennae and darts about on droning gossamer wings (Small, CR 1/2-1).
This hot-acclimatised colorful butterfrog is a dangerous specimen for its nasty flaming breath weapon (Small, CR 1-2).
This dancing butterfrog that flashes strange and hypnoptic bursts of light from its firefly-like abdomen (Tiny, CR 1/3-1).
This scaly, skittish mix of butterfrog and horned lizard puts its sharp horns and spikes to very good use (Small, CR 1/2-1).
This slithering wingless breed of butterfrog and snake possesses deadly venom, a cobra's hood, and an unnerving rattling tail (Small CR 1-2).
This slow and temperamental mix of wingless butterfrog and alligator snapping turtle enjoys a formidable pointy carapace that inspires numerous nicknames when it rolls up into a ball (Medium, CR 1-2).
This odd, veggie toad takes on lush plant-like features due its glutonous vegetal diet, and is highly sought for its unique colorful blossoms during mating season (Small, CR 1/3-1/2).
This breed butterfrog possesses a wasp stinger and droning wings, and have the hazardous habit of taking over wasp nests (Fine, CR 1/4-1/2).Each submission must contain its folklore (a tale, legend, song, or a poem), its ecology (habitat, physiology, and lifecycle), its stats, and a magical item or piece of equipment made from butterfrog-derived components.
*Your journal must include its folklore (a tale, song, poem or parable), ecology, physical description and abilities, and Item(s) derived from it. Use the Field Guide to the Butterfrog BFS0000 as a creation guideline.
*Stats and rules are OPTIONAL and do not count against the word limit. Winning Entries that include stats will get a special "Rule's Lawyer" surprise award.
* Máximum 2,000 limit.Important:
All entries must include the name (and title, if any) of the Researcher who is your own original character presenting the journal. The winning entries will have his/her Researcher made into an Pathfinder® compatible character (including an illustration!) and will be included in the book.
To submit your entry, email it to email@example.com within the contest time frame. The document must be a .DOC, .TXT, .RTF, or .PDF file attachment .
Entries must be submitted in English with correct spelling and grammar.
All entries will become property of Butterfrog Studios. Any entry published in a Butterfrog Studio product will designate proper credit to its writer and no additional compensation.Judges and Voting
The entries will be reviewed by Mike Welham, Adam Daigle, and Hugo Solis. Twelve will be selected on the Journalist category (one of each butterfrog), and three from the other categories. These selected entries will be made public (without the contestant's name) and winners selected by the public. The judges will place special emphasis on the entries' creativity and usefulness, as well as adherence to the butterfrog creation rules and writing skill.
Contestants are prohibited from prematurely disclosing their entries under penalty of disqualification.
Public voting begins on September 3rd and ends on September 7th. The method and rules for voting will be disclosed at that time.
All judge rulings are final.Contest Rules
1. The contest is open to all. No purchase necessary to enter.
2. The contestant can submit only one entry per category. The contestant entries must follow the rules of the categories you submit for.
3. Submissions must be received via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than September 3rd, 2012 10PM Central time .The contestant must format each entries' stats, rules, and mechanics using the standard creature and item format as presented in the Pathfinder® Roleplaying Game Bestiary and Pathfinder® Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook, respectively.
4. The contestant's submission must be made in a .DOC, .TXT, or .PDF document.
5. The contestant will authorize Butterfrog Studio the use of their name for promotional purposes. The contestant will not receive any kind of remuneration other than the Prizes for the winners.
6. The contestant must agree with this document and its rules to enter the contest.
7. The contest follows Wizard's of the Coast OGL and Paizo's Pathfinder Compatibility rules.
8. The contestant can only use references from Pathfinder® Roleplaying Game compatible products and the Butterfrog Reference Document. The contestant must submit original material. The contestant is solely responsible for any infringement of another company's IP.
9. Butterfrog Studio will own all entries, and reserves the right to edit and modify such entries for proper use and publishing. Authors will be given credit if their entries are used in a Butterfrog Studio product, with no additional compensation other than the Prizes awarded to the winning entries.
10. Butterfrog Studio reserves the right to disqualify contestants at any time due to inappropriate behavior by sole discretion of Butterfrog Studio. Butterfrog Studio reserves the right to terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
Failure to meet any of these rules and requirements will result in automatic disqualification, and any prizes awarded will be immediately forfeited.
_______________________________________________________________________Compatibility with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game requires the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game from Paizo Publishing, LLC. See [link] for more information on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Paizo Publishing, LLC does not guarantee compatibility, and does not endorse this product.
Pathfinder is a registered trademark of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatibility Logo are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and are used under the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatibility License. See [link] for more information on the compatibility license.